Thursday, July 23, 2009

Way Too Long

What is the point of having a blog if you do not update it...ever? I last updated this blog in March? Seriously, what kind of service am I paying towards Timothy. The main point of this blog was for those who do not see him on a day to day basis get to enjoy his little videos. Well with all apologies cast aside here is your update. Although I am sure I have spoken to some of you who follow this blog since March!


Sarah-Her due date is September 6th, yea right! We are actually going to try and induce on the 29th of August unless Miss Charlotte Gayle decides to come before then. If all goes to plan then this branch of the Clifford tree will have 3 of 4 birthdays in August, and all in order, Charlotte 29th, Sarah 30th, and Timothy 31st. Again, that is if she cooperates. Sarah is feeling very tired and achy. But who wouldn't carrying a bowling ball around inside of them? Even through pregnancy and raising Timothy she has been able to work, a lot. Starting in October Sarah will be promoted to a Manager position at Ernst and Young. Pretty big accomplishment having only been there for 4 years! She will get a much needed break, although how much of that is break I am not sure of, once Charlotte arrives and will take off from the arrival to December.

Mark-that is Me!!! My excuse for not updating is that back in April I was asked to take a 6 week substitute assignment. I was a 9th grade English teacher at a high school in Plano. I really enjoyed it and I was able to find out what my strengths and weaknesses as a teacher are so I can build upon them. As for this summer I have still been unable to lock down a full time position for the Fall. But I have been encouraged by my other teacher friends who tell me that a lot of times the schools will hire you up until a few days before school, and even right into the start of the year. I am hoping that this is true for me. The one thing I have noticed about teachers is that there are a lot of teachers, but there is a lack of "GREAT" teachers. I am not blowing my own horn, but the students I had really liked me. While subbing I got to know another guy who was subbing and is also an aspiring teacher. His name is Nathan. The students also loved him. And I can only hope that one day he and I are at the same school. When we would walk the halls during our breaks or between classes it almost felt like we were rock stars. The students would call out our names, then we would pass by them and hear them tell their friends "Mr.T, he is awesome" or "Mr. Clifford is the best sub". Hearing those things, and we are just subs, makes us know that we will be great teachers. And being told by many students that in 6 weeks you have taught them more than they have learned all year from their other teachers, that is a great feeling.


Timothy- So I know you are just reading to know what is new with him. In fact I am sure most of you skipped everything else I posted about Sarah and I! Ha, I would too! So Timothy is doing GREAT. His vocabulary is blowing us away. He learns so much and is constantly talking. He has gotten into such a routine that it makes things so easy for us and for him. He has become very independent and wants to help with as much as he can. He has been the such a blessing. His "Gammy" that is Lisa, Sarah's mom, bought him a product called "Your Baby Can Read" it is a set of DVD's and books and flashcards. We have started to watch those and he really enjoys them. Although he is not reading yet, he recognizes a word here and there. His memory he definitely gets after me! I had to change out the air conditioner filter in the hallway. He watched me do this only one time prior, oh 6 months ago. When I brought out the new one to replace it, he ran into the hallway, pointed up to the AC vent and gestured for me to open it. CRAZY!!! He still gets his 3 small Chocolates every night before bed. We also read some books which he chooses, brush teeth, and tell everyone goodnight. He is still in his crib but is going to transition to a toddler bed here very soon. I really can not believe he will be two years old next August. Next August will be a whirlwind for us. A new baby, hopefully a new job are enough for a full year, but we will have to tackle them within in weeks of each other. Timothy is such an easy and laid back child I am sure he will make the transition for all of us to get into a new routine very easy. Of course he will also want to "help" as much as he can with Charlotte and that will be fine with Sarah and I.

No comments: